Can be used leading up to an event to increase the bodies buffering capabilities.
Please note, this product is not flavoured, simply add to isotonic drink.
What it does
- Delays fatigue
- Improve anaerobic performance
- Improve exercise capacity
Oopik V et al (2004). Effects of acute ingestion of sodium citrate on metabolism and 5-km running performance: a field study.
Russel et al (2014). Acute versus chronic supplementation of sodium citrate on 200 m performance in adolescent swimmers
Potteiger et al., (1996). Sodium citrate ingestion enhances 30 km cycling performance.
– Field sports (repeated bouts of high intensity)
– Court sports such as tennis & squash
– Combat sports (caution with weight category competition)
By using sodium citrate as a buffering agent, you minimise your chances of gastrointestinal side effect when compare to sodium bicarbonate
Take for 3 days prior to match day (not required on match day)
Take 2 level scoops (10g) with 500ml Pro Zero
- Take twice daily with food (ideally breakfast and lunch).
- Slowly drink it over a period lasting approx. 30-45minutes
- Please note, this product is not flavoured, simply add to isotonic drink.Lactic Acid Buffer:
Standard Load - Mix 2 (10g) level scoops with 500ml of squash or isotonic and consume slowly over a 20 minute period twice per day. Use am and pm for 3 days prior to game.
Acute Load - Mix 4 (20g) scoops with 1Litre of fluid and sipped slowly over 30 minutes, consume 1 hour before game.
Warnings: Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet or health lifestyle. Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Keep out of the reach of children.